Paying Your Bill
Please note... to prevent possible interruption of your service and additional fees, if you have received a lock off notice it is best to contact the office directly to ensure your payment is posted to your account before the lock off date stated on the notice.
BY MAIL: The District office is located at 6229 Azure Way, Maple Falls, WA 98266.
IN PERSON: Payments can be made on Mon, Wed, & Fri – 8:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm.
DROP BOX: Located to the right of the front door is a 24 hour drop box. Payments will be posted the following business day. It is recommended that all cash payments are made in person rather than in the drop box.
BY PHONE: Call our office anytime during business hours and we'll be happy to take your payment over the phone for no additional costs when using your Mastercard, Visa, or Discover.
ONLINE: You now can view your current bill and 12 month bill history, pay your bill, sign up for autopay, and sign up for paperless billing 24 hours a day. Please click on the links below for more information and to sign up for any of these services.
DUE DATES AND FEES:
- All monthly water bills are due and payable by the 25th of each month.
- A late fee of 10% will be applied to all overdue accounts.
- All payments must be made is US FUNDS.
- All checks that are returned are charged a $40.00 NSF Fee.
- Post- dated checks are not accepted and will be processed the day that they are received. If using a Canadian account you will be charged a $40.00 NSF Fee for the return.
- The office staff is not authorized to remove fees once they are applied to an account. All adjustment requests must be brought to the Board for approval.
All accounts that are delinquent for 30 days or more will be sent a lock off notice and must be paid before the lock off date scheduled on the notice to avoid interruption of your service.
A lock off fee of $75.00 will be added to all accounts on the lock off date scheduled on the notice if not paid (regardless if the meter was actually locked or shut off).
If the account remains delinquent for more than 60 days, the District will mail out a notice of intent to lien. If payment is not made the District will file a lien on the property for the unpaid water bills. A lien filing fee of $150.00 will be applied to the account. To release a lien an additional fee of $150.00 will be applied at the time of release