How can I pay my Water bill?

There are several ways to pay your bill, besides mailing it to us:

Pay online through our payment processing website:

There you can - Pay your bill, view a year of past bills, set up autopay, or sign up for paperless billing.

 Please contact the office should you have any questions on how to set up a login.


Pay online through your bank.


Call the office and pay over the phone, by debit or credit card, at no additional charge to you.


Bring payment to the office; pay inside at the counter, with cash, check, money order, debit or credit card, at no additional charge to you. 


Drop payment in the night drop box located by the District office door, check or money order only, (no cash in the drop box please).


Please note the District cannot accept post-dated checks.  All checks received that are post-dated will be returned to the address on the check.    All payments must be made in US FUNDS.

Are options available if I am unable to pay?

The CVWD does offer payment arrangements if arrangements are made before the account is put in locked-off status.  If you are not able to pay your water bill by the due date, please contact the District office to set up arrangements for payment.  Arrangements will not stop late fees being applied, but may stop possible service interruption. 

Service Interruption Due to Delinquent Bill

Customers with past due balances of 30 days or more will be mailed a service interruption notice notifying them of the amount due and the date their account will be locked off.  Payment of the past due amount must be received in the office or satisfactory payment arrangements made before the date of lock off to avoid a $75.00 shut off fee and interruption of service.  Arrangements will not be offered once a customer’s meter is locked off due to a delinquent bill.

Full payment of the bill, including the $75.00 shut off fee, will be required to remove a lock on a service that has been locked off due to delinquent status. 

Tampering with the Districts meter will result in a tampering fee of $250.00 for the first occurrence and $500.00 for all other occurrences within a two year period of time.  Also an estimate of what the water usage should have been will be added to the customer bill.  Legal action may also be warranted.

Lien and Foreclosure

Any time after an account has been delinquent for a period of 60 days or longer the District may file a lien on the property until all amounts are paid.  The fee that is added to the account for filing the lien is $150.00.   The District also charges the account $150.00 to release a lien once it is filed.  All charges and fees must be paid and the account made current before a lien will be released. 

The District may also foreclosure on a property with a delinquent balance as means to collect on the past due amounts.  All costs of the foreclosure, including legal fees, will be added to the amount owed.

Turning Your Water Off or On

Should you need your water turned off or on, please contact the office to make arrangements.  The District offers this service to you free of charge if an appointment is made Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm.  After 4:30 pm or on weekends the charge for this service is $75.00.

Please note that having your water turned off will not stop the monthly basic rate to be charged to the account.  All lots are billed for the connection regardless if the meter is turned on or off.  The minimum monthly bill is $40.00 which includes the street light charges.

Water Mains, Lines & Meters

CVWD owns and is responsible for all water mains and meters within its service area.  Customers are responsible for the service line connecting their property to the meter.  District personnel do not repair customer service lines.  Please contact a local contractor or plumber should repairs to your service line or plumbing be needed.

It is important that you keep the meter box visible to help it being located quickly should an emergency occur.  Please maintain the area around the meter box by mowing, weeding, trimming the trees and etc. to ensure that District staff may easily see, find  and get to the meter box at all times.

Most meters are installed in the utility easements within the CVWD service area along or outside the customer’s property line.  By being a customer of the District and having a connection to the water system you authorize staff access to the meters in the meter boxes at all times.  

Customers may not obstruct access to the meter boxes at any time.  Fences, borders and landscaping should be installed in a way that does not obstruct the meter box from free and clear access.  Should the District find that a meter box is obstructed; the District will provide the customer with a written notice requesting them to take the necessary action to remove the obstruction within 30 days of the notice.  If the obstruction is not resolved by the date specified on the notice, the District will apply a $275.00 fee to the account for every day the obstruction has occurred.   

Colmbia Valley Water District

6229 Azure Way

Maple Falls, WA 98266

PHONE:  (360)599-1699

FAX:       (360)599-1854



Our Business Hours

Mon, Wed, Fri :

08:00 am - 12:00 pm

01:00 pm - 04:30 pm

After Hours Emergency


 Pager:  (360)714-3558

(Dial your phone number after the beep.)